I’ve been a working writer for ten years, and I’m now open to freelance editing!
Strong editors give your work a much needed boost. They help find inconsistencies, pacing problems, plot holes, and grammar mistakes. They help you turn weak writing into great writing!
- I received my MFA in Creative Writing and MA in English from the University of Nevada, Reno.
- I have written twenty novels and more than thirty short stories.
- My short fiction has been published in more than a dozen literary journals, including Bosque, Fox Cry Review, and The Saturday Evening Post.
- My novels have received awards, including first runner-up for the Quill Prose Award at Red Hen Press.
- I have received awards of my own, including Outstanding Creative Writer from the Graduate Student Association at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- I signed with a literary agent in 2017 and worked with her for more than two years on various novel projects.
- I am a top writer on Medium, where I have published more than 1,000 articles in the last two years about writing.
- I have been an English instructor at the college level for seven years, where I have taught courses in composition, research writing, fiction writing, and screenwriting.
Overall, I am passionate about helping writers better their work and achieve their dreams, and I am here to help!
What I Edit
Query Letters, Synopses, Short Fiction, Memoirs, Screenplays, and Novels (of any genre).
Query Letters: $20. Includes line edits, a detailed 1-paragraph response, and 1 additional pass.
Synopsis: $40. Includes line edits, a detailed 1-paragraph response, and 1 additional pass.
Short Fiction: $50 (up to 5,000 words). $75 (5,001 to 10,000 words). $100 (10,001 to 15,000 words). Includes line edits and a 1-page single space response.
Novels / Memoirs / Screenplays Basic Service: .010 cents per word (ex. 50k manuscript = $500). I will proofread your manuscript for grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes to make your writing shine its brightest. In addition I will provide a 1-page single spaced response about ways to improve as a writer and what you should focus on in the next draft.
Novels / Memoirs / Screenplays Deluxe Service: .020 cents per word (ex. 50k manuscript = $1000). I will read your manuscript and give you a 3-4 page single spaced critique that discusses the story, characters, setting, and theme, and what you can do to improve in the next draft. In addition, I will provide line edits within the document assessing any grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes, as well as inconsistencies, pacing problems, plot holes, and general questions and concerns I may have about the manuscript. I am a very detailed line editor, and you can guarantee every page will have notes!
Writing Mentorship: Contact me for pricing. If you’d like to work with me at a deeper level and have me read more than one draft of your manuscript, this is the option for you. Includes multiple critiques, line edits, query passes, and synopsis passes. I’ll be in touch by e-mail at all times, and we’ll be able to set up Skype conferences as well!
“Brian helped me improve my writing skills and confidence to launch my first novelette to market. He provided professional editing services with a quick turnaround time. He offered feedback and constructive criticism in a positive manner and I recommend him highly. I look forward to his advice for my next books.” — Barbara Henslee, Author
Want to Work with Me?
To schedule a service or ask me questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com, or you can use my Contact Page.
All payments are done through Paypal. For Bigger Services, payments can be done half in advance and the other half on the date we begin working together. Anything else requires full payment in advance.